Thursday, September 20, 2007

And the details keep pouring in...

After posting my nearly impenetrable wall of words yesterday, I will keep this brief.

I have decided to procure a Nintendo DS. From various conversations I've had with people over the past couple of days, I've come to conclusion that a DS is the perfect thing to kill the many, many hours of traveling planned for the next week and thereafter. I'm still deciding on what games to get for it and where to purchase it, but I will be getting it tomorrow.

I have more updates on the impending travel. I will be flying out of DIA Saturday at 11:30AM(MST). I will fly to Houston (2 and 1/2 hours) where I will transfer to the flight that will take me across the Atlantic. I will arrive Sunday morning around 7:00AM (GMT). The flight is 9 hours, but since there's a 6 hour time difference, the clock will show the flight as being 15 hours. It's all very confusing. The nice part is I will have Sunday to relax and decompress from the traveling before I start work Monday--training on the new systems and meeting my new coworkers.

I still don't know where I'll be staying, or whether or not they'll have WiFi access, but I will post as soon as I know.

4 comments:

Jessica S said...

It's sounds all so very exciting! I'm very happy for you. Good luck!!!

Matt said...

Jess,
Thanks for the well-wishing! I hope your garage sale goes well and you are able to buy a new Mercedes from the proceeds. Keep an eye to the blog next week, I'll try to post a quick synopsis everyday and a couple pics.

Anonymous said...

Relax and decompress on the plane. That will give you more time at the pubs.

Anonymous said...

"when Irish eyes are 'smilin....Hicup..I mean...English noses are snorting...oh eck, give me another round, mate!"