Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Watch what you say….

Last week I was driving into work when I caught the end of a story that has since made it big – Alec Baldwin had a personal phone call to his daughter blasted over air waves all over the world. Yes, he was angry and called her names, but I think the scary point of this whole media story has been missed. He made a PERSONAL phone call and left a PERSONAL message, which someone in turn used to discredit him.

I don’t know how many websites that I have been to in the past few days where they were berating him and his abusive language to his child. Yeah, I don’t agree that a kid should be talked to like that but c’mon!! Do we not care about our personal rights at all? I don't know about you, but I like to have the "luxury" of my private calls being private.

Are we so content to live a life of cattle where anyone at anytime can take our PERSONAL calls and use it against us. We are giving the US government an extra hand for tapping our phone lines…they don’t have to do it anymore our neighbors will.

No comments: