Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Headin' Off To Houston, To Pick Me Up Some Pants!


(Don't mess with Texas. He'll round-house your ass)

The skies are calling me again. This time, not quite so far as the other side of the 'pond.' I will be heading out to Houston, TX for a couple days to work with some peeps on a geology simulator. I don't know much more than that, at this point. The cool/worrisome thing is I will be working with this client on my own.

The original plan was for a more experienced mentor to guide me through the steps of working with new systems; learning by doing. That kind of thing. This time, however, he can't make it over from the UK, so I will be going solo. I'm pretty sure I can handle any issues that might come up, but dealing with budgets and designs and architecture that could potentially affect the whole company isn't something I'm all that accustomed to. Wish me luck!

I will post some pictures of my hotel room and whatnot. Hotels are such strange things. I have such mixed feelings towards staying in them. On one hand, they keep the rain off my tired brow. On the other, they smell like pee-pee. Give a little, get a little, I guess...


(I couldn't resist...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok.... Good luck.....

What do you need a hotel room for?
You're going to be working. And pictures? If you have time for that, you have too much time on your hands. Just hook up a simulcast in real time. I'll pick it up on my Pansat.

Really, I wish you well in all your endeavors. Have a great trip.

Jessica S said...

Good luck! I have complete faith in you that you will handle the task at hand.... :)