Tuesday, January 24, 2006

One woman found true love after dating 150 people first

The Year of Yes: A Memoir, is a new book out that is quickly gaining some popularity. I have not read the book, yet, but I have read a couple of articles that give an overview Growing up as a somewhat obstinant girl, Maria Dahvana never had much of a problem saying 'No' to anyone, anytime.

Fed up with not finding what she wanted in the men that she dated, she finally decided to see if she would be able to meet some interesting people by taking a year and accepting all offers she received for a date. From taxi drivers to Microsoft Millionaires (who still lives with his mother) she had some really crazy times. And when love came knocking on her door, it was from the person she least expected it from. A man that with her previous thoughts on dating would have been out the door before he said his full name - a divorced playwright, 25 years older with two children.

I can't wait to read this book! It looks like something that will be a quick, fun read. I also hope it will inspire and challenge me to find areas in my life that can be opened and refreshed by changing my 'No' to a 'Yes'.

I think this is the best pick-up line that she received:
“I'm listening to NPR. Do you want to come over and make out?”

Interview

No comments: