Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Work sucks....

If you have never worked in an office, you are lucky. I have worked in the cubical farms for over 5 years now and hate it now as I hated it when I first started. Besides the common burnt popcorn episode, which happens at least once a week, you get the lovely experience of overhearing co-workers talking badly "behind your back". This actually happened a couple of minutes ago to me. Two people discussing a project that turned out to be a lot more difficult than it needed to be. I just happened to be the person creating the beginning documentation for it. A co-worker that has called me a friend asked the specific business user, 'You don't mind that it was done by a.....contractor?' It hurt my feelings a little bit.

I know it seems pretty innocent, but I just heard that same co-worker bitching for over 2 weeks on how this specific business user is all over her ass to get things done and how she is just an arrogant, power-thirsty bitch.

Being a contractor is not easy. You have to come in, learn the processes and systems in record time, along with constantly being reminded that you don't belong and they will not keep you......
I am a hard worker. I get my tasks completed quickly and correctly. My work is good, and I don't mind saying so.

The only reason I stay is for the paycheck.

No comments: